HolyMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for us All

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

philosophical discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-05

philosophical discussion Empty
PostSubject: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:08 am

a topic for any subject related to philosophy.

my first debate: can man convince himself of a lie that he has told.

my reply: yes.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Phoenixer
Phoenixer

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:18 am

yes lol
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:26 am

but why?
Back to top Go down
[Mod]JVLaplestory
A Forumer
A Forumer
[Mod]JVLaplestory

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:35 am

yes, but I can't explain in english but let me try
if a human tells a lie, he pictures that lie in his head, if he keeps on telling that lie and others talk about it like it's the truth his innermind?(don't know the english phrase) will start to see something of the truth in it(still knowing it's a lie) but after a while the mind will consider it the truth and the person will tell it as if it's the truth, so no signs of lying will be showable, same thing for brainwashing only heavier, but the brain will control your body and soul, if you have a broken toe for example and you really imagine no pain at all and keep thinking that till the moment you won't feel the pain if you keep concentrating but if you start walking the concentration will be lost and your toe hurts but when you stop and concentrate the toe will be quicker painless because it already happened in your mind.

when I read this back it's maybe not clear, but it really sucks I can't spell english to well Embarassed
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:50 pm

thats what i understand. A person must be able to accept that that lie is a possibility. My old english teacher stopped smoking by convincing himself that he wasnt a smoker.
Back to top Go down
[Mod]JVLaplestory
A Forumer
A Forumer
[Mod]JVLaplestory

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:08 pm

I also have a theorie for No that the man can't convince himself from a lie, but that's to hard for me to explain now, sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Phoenixer
Phoenixer

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:59 pm

yeah same here sometimes they dont have any feelings
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:07 am

wtf. Who doesnt have feelings?
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Phoenixer
Phoenixer

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:12 am

like i mean they dont believe in god or something like that they lie and thinks its good
there better explaination
Back to top Go down
[Mod]JVLaplestory
A Forumer
A Forumer
[Mod]JVLaplestory

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:50 am

I understand but then their mind is controlled by "picture" created by someone who makes and is perfect,
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:46 am

not controlled, God gives free will. I also didnt want to bring God into this...
Back to top Go down
[Mod]JVLaplestory
A Forumer
A Forumer
[Mod]JVLaplestory

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:15 am

no, the mind will be controled by your own mind created by a picture made by god(is what the innermind will think). but all that mathers god cna't be for sure. so let's stop with god =\
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 am

whats ur first language JVL?
Back to top Go down
[Mod]JVLaplestory
A Forumer
A Forumer
[Mod]JVLaplestory

Female

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 am

Dutch.
Back to top Go down
crunchtoast
Phoenixer
Phoenixer
crunchtoast

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: philosophical discussion   philosophical discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

philosophical discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HolyMS :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: